Skip to main content

10000 views! I start out thinking writing a blog would be fun and end up improving my sense of #belonging here.



I am late posting this blog as I have procrastinated over what to write this week. It is an important blog because we have reached 10000 views!!!

 I just want to say thankyou for visiting the farm via this blog. I really enjoy taking photos for you and asking Howard about the farm. There is a lot more involved in running the farm than I probably realised. Over the years most of my attention has been on raising the girls and working on my own career. Getting more involved in the farm this year has been great. I am learning so much, like an apprentice. My contribution to our farming business is more valuable now. I can see where we need to focus and how I can help. 

We are setting farming goals together for the first time in 20 years. It feels like I listened and helped, listened and helped, until the helping started to make a considerable difference to the pressure Howard was feeling. He is no longer trying to manage it all on his own.

These days we meet regularly and make a plan for the week ahead. When I started the blog in January I thought it would be something quite fun to do. Now I realize that it really helped me find a sense of belonging both on the farm and in the business.

Howard is the stereotypical farmer but I am not. The recent changes in my routine recently, were a bit unsettling. Suddenly I only had one child at home, the yoga teacher training course complete and my first thought was, its time to start a business! No one is more surprised than me to find that the best place for me to put my energy is into the farm. I can write and take photos in between jobs. I can run up to Sydney and see the girls and plan lots of fun with my friends. But my best career option could be right under my nose. I will give it a try anyway! 

And as for the yoga teacher rising in me?? That is where the blog to book idea comes in..

Stay tuned as I turn up the dial on helping to manage the farm business, while at the same time continuing to improve my yoga and meditation practice…

This week the photos on the farm include-
*Completing the hay making
*Windrowing the canola
*Crutching the sheep
*Drenching the sheep

Howards Dad has just returned from a cruise to Fiji. We were glad to see him arrive home and he helps us check the frost damage. I have a photo of Howards Dad and his nephew Zach working on the farm with us. I look forward to the girls (our daughters) being involved in the business one day too, if they like. This farm is a lovely stable ground from which we can stand and reach for the stars.




   







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bribbaree Show, One direction, Boarding School and Hay Making. What a week!!

#Champion Bloom of the Show!! One Direction Concert Breakfast at Bronte Beach   Mowing Hay    Yo u wouldn’t believe what I have been doing in the past week. The local Bribbaree Show was on during the final weekend of the school holidays so our 2 youngest girls entered a few events on their horses and Howard joined in the team penning. I walked around with our eldest daughter, passing some very well groomed dogs on our way to the equestrian area. The show ground was filling with families and local women were dropping off cakes and sandwich fillings at the canteen, while the children convinced their parents to let them go on some rides. Howard entered a big red rose for me, that had opened in our garden a few days earlier and I am pleased to ‘announce’ that we won ‘Best Bloom of the Show’. What fun!! We had tea, sandwiches and cake for lunch, Howard skipping the fatty food this year. By late afternoon we gathered with everyone for a cool drink befor

Can creativity be good for our health?

Hello, It has been a while between blogs but as my intention for 2023 is to write full time, I should manage a regular post once again. Writing has always been something I do early in the morning or in the tiny spaces in between all else, but this year I am putting creativity at the top of my priority list.  If you know me well, you would know I have always wanted to write a book. The sensible project would be to share what I have learnt over the past 12 years about health, yoga, breath work and mindfulness, to support the healing of trauma and rural challenges, but at the moment it is a farm based novel that is flowing well. Perhaps all of the above topics will turn up in the lives of my characters, we will see.  It is so liberating, giving myself permission to do what I love, here on the farm. Although on some level it also feels isolating to be here on my own each day at the desk. The opportunity to witness this landscape from this quiet space feels deeply healing and quite confront

Discovering Meditation in small stages - 3 Audio Recordings attached.

10.11.23    Discovering Meditation   If I can define meditation in the simplest way, I would say meditation is ‘ being in the space in between our thoughts .’    Meditation is no ‘easy’ task when we have over 70 000 thoughts a day.  This is why I stepped todays class through a 3-stage process, in preparation for a brief meditation experience. Below is an explanation of each of these stages I taught and why these techniques are great preparation for potent stillness.    Stage 1.   It is more challenging to meditate with lots of tension in the body, so the first step is to let go of the extra holding that we may not even be aware of. This is done by noticing the body and slightly moving each area, or tensing and releasing each body part. (Starting at the feet, legs, spine and then the belly as we breathe. Open and close the hands, stretch the arms, lift and drop the shoulders, carefully stretch the neck and face.)   Stage 2.   Secondly, we can begin to be more aware of our breathing patt