Skip to main content

Look around and enjoy todays unique detail - Its Spring!!









It is the first day of the best season of all, Spring. The fog lifts to show off a sunny 20 degree day full of blossoms, sprouting grape vines, flowering bulbs and lush green grass.  Our region doesn’t always look so ‘green’ but when we are blessed with good rain, spring looks alive and fresh, full of hope and optimism. 

We check the crops and the mustard plants are starting to flower. We don’t have any canola in this year but the neighboring paddocks are a wonderful carpet of yellow. We have wheat, oats, mustard and barley planted and everything looks good so far.

The little lambs are getting stronger and are starting a play together along the dam banks. I check them on the bike again and really enjoy scooting along the dirt lanes and into the grazing paddocks. I have had a really productive fortnight jumping in and helping when needed and getting the bookwork up to date.

Howard is preparing for harvest and hay cutting, as we start to look for extra staff (enquiries please email nelhunter69@gmail.com) I have the job of looking for extra agistment for the sheep, I call on Dad to see if he knows of anyone with extra feed on their property.

As I head to Sydney to have a week with the girls, Howard follows me to Bowral and we have a fabulous night at The Briars. Picture.... wood fires, red wine, hot food and a crowd of people laughing and deep in conversations about nothing particularly serious.  We had a really fun night together and parted ways after The Briars buffet breakfast and a read over the Sunday newspapers.

This morning on the phone Howard and I worked out what we need to do this week. I will write out invoices, do the banking, advertise for staff, decide on our new logo and complete the filing etc. (Yes, it all comes with me in the car.) Howard is at home completing the stables, spraying the crops, milling the corn and sending more loads of hay out.

My day started with a big walk in the city, covered in a cool fog. Steph and I walked for an hour and a half around Centennial Park and down to Woollahra for coffee.  By the time we arrived back in Bondi Junction it was warm and sunny. The buses were starting to fill and the cars were building up as the workday began. The Sydney harbour is sparking today as the traffic hums along. The warmer months are arriving and everything is coming to life again, both here and at home. 

*Please use the email address above to drop me a line and let me know what you are enjoying about my blog. I am happy to share more yoga and lifestyle tips if you like or post more farm photos. Let me know. Have a fabulous week and don't forget to look up and see what is fabulous about today! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bribbaree Show, One direction, Boarding School and Hay Making. What a week!!

#Champion Bloom of the Show!! One Direction Concert Breakfast at Bronte Beach   Mowing Hay    Yo u wouldn’t believe what I have been doing in the past week. The local Bribbaree Show was on during the final weekend of the school holidays so our 2 youngest girls entered a few events on their horses and Howard joined in the team penning. I walked around with our eldest daughter, passing some very well groomed dogs on our way to the equestrian area. The show ground was filling with families and local women were dropping off cakes and sandwich fillings at the canteen, while the children convinced their parents to let them go on some rides. Howard entered a big red rose for me, that had opened in our garden a few days earlier and I am pleased to ‘announce’ that we won ‘Best Bloom of the Show’. What fun!! We had tea, sandwiches and cake for lunch, Howard skipping the fatty food this year. By late afternoon we gathered with everyone for a cool drink befor

Can creativity be good for our health?

Hello, It has been a while between blogs but as my intention for 2023 is to write full time, I should manage a regular post once again. Writing has always been something I do early in the morning or in the tiny spaces in between all else, but this year I am putting creativity at the top of my priority list.  If you know me well, you would know I have always wanted to write a book. The sensible project would be to share what I have learnt over the past 12 years about health, yoga, breath work and mindfulness, to support the healing of trauma and rural challenges, but at the moment it is a farm based novel that is flowing well. Perhaps all of the above topics will turn up in the lives of my characters, we will see.  It is so liberating, giving myself permission to do what I love, here on the farm. Although on some level it also feels isolating to be here on my own each day at the desk. The opportunity to witness this landscape from this quiet space feels deeply healing and quite confront

Discovering Meditation in small stages - 3 Audio Recordings attached.

10.11.23    Discovering Meditation   If I can define meditation in the simplest way, I would say meditation is ‘ being in the space in between our thoughts .’    Meditation is no ‘easy’ task when we have over 70 000 thoughts a day.  This is why I stepped todays class through a 3-stage process, in preparation for a brief meditation experience. Below is an explanation of each of these stages I taught and why these techniques are great preparation for potent stillness.    Stage 1.   It is more challenging to meditate with lots of tension in the body, so the first step is to let go of the extra holding that we may not even be aware of. This is done by noticing the body and slightly moving each area, or tensing and releasing each body part. (Starting at the feet, legs, spine and then the belly as we breathe. Open and close the hands, stretch the arms, lift and drop the shoulders, carefully stretch the neck and face.)   Stage 2.   Secondly, we can begin to be more aware of our breathing patt